DAKOTA R. KUHLMAN
DIRECTOR, SCENIC DESIGNER, CARPENTER, SCENIC PAINTER, PROPS
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
THEATRICAL PRODUCTION and PERFORMANCE:Extensive experience in designing sets and managing all aspects of set execution from load in to strike for multiple theatrical plays and musicals. Classically trained theatrical actor and scenic designer/builder/painter with a Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre Production and Performance. Trained with various instructors in London, UK and Chicago, IL (The Globe/The Swan Theater/Chicago Shakespeare Company, The House Theater).
ADMINISTRATION and COMMUNICATION:Operated as the theater liaison between the various departments and organizations, conducting business, and maintaining high rapport with the members of the staff. Maintained record of all receipts and petty cash for purchases as well as developed and managed large production budgets for full theatrical seasons.
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES:Design and built safe multi level structures capable of handling large groups performing choreography. Maintain, manage, develop inventories, and design/develop the layout for a working scenic shop. Experienced Scenic Painter with extensive knowledge in the reaction of textures, patterns, and colors. Ability to design and well as interpret scenic drawings, produce samples, develop concepts, and work efficiently with the Production Team to fulfill the Director’s creative vision.
STRENGTHS:Attention to detail and dramaturgy to ensure environmentally and historically accurate representations. Manage and utilize limited resources to produce a quality product. Strong Communication and Collaboration.
- Annie Award for Scenic Construction & Engineering – SHREK: THE MUSICAL
- Annie Award for Scenic Design and Development of the Recycled Set Program. – WONKA JR.
- Bradley University Theatre Award for Best Design – MACBETH
- DESERT FOOTHILLS THEATRE
- FREUD’S LAST SESSION– 2019 & 2020- Production Manager/Scenic Designer/Builder/Sound and Lighting Designer and Board Op.
- ANNIE GET YOUR GUN– 2019-Technical Director/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter
- THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE JR.– 2019-Technical Director/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter
- ROCK BOTTOM: THE MUSICAL – SUMMER CAMP YOUTH SHOW– 2019-Technical Director/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter/Class Instructor
- SEUSSICAL JR– 2019- Technical Director/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter
- DISASTER: THE MUSICAL– 2019-Technical Director/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter
- LEADING LADIES– 2019-Technical Director/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter
- WONKA JR.- 2019- Technical Director/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter
- YES, VIRGINA; THERE IS A SANTA CLAUSE– 2018-Production Manager/Technical Director
- BYE BYE BIRDIE– 2018-Technical Director/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter
- HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL– 2018-Production Manager/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter
- ONCE UPON A CRIME: THE MUSICAL-SUMMER CAMP YOUTH SHOW– 2018- Production Manager/Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter/Class Instructor
- SHREK: THE MUSICAL- 2018-Co-Scenic Designer/Builder/Scenic Painter
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY THEATER
- GLASS MENAGERIE– 2012- Set Builder
- ALMOST, MAINE– 2011- Set Builder
- RAGTIME: THE MUSICAL– 2011- Set Builder
- AMERICA LIVE!– 2011- Set Builder/Scenic Painter
- THE LEARNED LADIES– 2011- Set Builder/Second Lead Scenic Painter
- BEAR HUNT– 2011- Set Builder/Scenic Painter
- SUBURBIA– 2010- Set Builder/Scenic Painter
- LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS– 2010- Set Builder
- TWELFTH NIGHT– 2010- Set Builder/Scenic Painter
- FENCES– 2010- Set Builder
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL– 2009- Set Builder/Scenic Painter
- PINOCCHIO– 2009- Set Builder
- THE PAJAMA GAME– 2009- Set Builder
- DEATH TRAP– 2009- Set Builder/Scenic Painter/Prop Builder
- CLOUD NINE– 2009- Set Builder/Scenic Painter/Props Master
- THE ORESTEIA– 2008- Set Builder/Light Board Operator
- PIRATES OF PENZANCE– 2008- Set Builder/Scenic Painter